Nation.Cymru needs your help to keep growing!
Thank you very much for your continued subscription to Nation.Cymru via email. I hope you enjoy the service that continues to go from strength to strength. Last month alone we reached over 100,000 users through the website and hundreds of thousands more on Facebook and Twitter.
For all its success though, Nation.Cymru is still just getting started, but has the potential to grow into so much more. That’s where you come in!
We have a real opportunity today to create what we have never had before – a national news service for every part of Wales. This would allow for greater scrutiny of our politicians and institutions, and also for a public who would be fully informed about Wales’ culture, history and politics.
Nation.Cymru is a website by the people of Wales, and for the people of Wales, and we depend entirely on the people of Wales to continue to grow the site. If only 1000 people gave £4 a month, that would amount to an incredible £50,000 a year – enough to employ two people to work on the site full-time.
The ability to create a Welsh media that serves our interests as the people of Wales is completely in our own hands.
Your contribution would allow us to:
- Employ an editor to oversee the site full or part-time – this work is currently done by myself outside of work hours on a voluntary basis
- Pay investigative journalists to break stories and hold our politicians and institutions to account
- Allow for much greater coverage of different stories about current affairs, politics, culture, and history
- Give voice to a wider range of different voices throughout Wales
- Conduct polling on issues that matter to the people of Wales
- Commission extras such as cartoons and image galleries that would attract a new audience to the site
We have since the start of this month moved over to a new funding model. That means that if you were previously supporting us financially, your payments have now stopped, and we would like to ask you to sign up to our new funding model.
If you have not previously supported us financially please do so in the knowledge that every penny is invested back in growing our service and making it the best it can possibly be.
Please click here to support us.
We can only continue to grow and develop with your help! It’s time to get it done!
Thank you very much,
Ifan Morgan Jones
Support our Nation today
For the price of a cup of coffee a month you can help us create an independent, not-for-profit, national news service for the people of Wales, by the people of Wales.