Second independence march called off due to coronavirus pandemic
A second independence march has had to be called off because of the coronavirus pandemic.
All Under One Banner Cymru said the march in Tredegar would not now be going ahead. The march was due to take place on Saturday 6 June 2020.
It is the second march to be postponed after a march which was due to take place in Wrexham in April was called off for the time being.
They were due to be the fourth and fifth marches after marches in Cardiff, Caernarfon and Merthyr Tydfil attracted 3,000, 10,000 and 8,000 people.
The march in Swansea on 5 September is still scheduled to go ahead.
“Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, we’re disappointed to announce that AUOB Tredegar is also being postponed due to Coronavirus,” AUOBCymru said.
“Don’t worry – the IndyWales campaign isn’t going anywhere – we’ll be rearranging as soon as we can. In the meantime, please stay at home.”
Support our Nation today
For the price of a cup of coffee a month you can help us create an independent, not-for-profit, national news service for the people of Wales, by the people of Wales.
“the IndyWales campaign isn’t going anywhere” – not sure I would have used that phrase.
Agree, but on the bright side, Boris doing quite a good job for us so far.